Saturday, December 19, 2009

25 EQUALS 25: SIDNEY TUM

It's another day here on DC, let me hear you say yeahhh because we have another talent just for you!
Oh the things we do to keep you coming for more!!!
Ok, so we have 6 more days to go before this music campaign comes to an end. We hope you are being well informed and most of all well entertained.

Let us all support our homegrown talents as they shine the spotlight on Cameroon our fatherland!

On this nineteenth day to Christmas, DC brings to you...

Name: Sine Tum Emmanuel aka Sidney Tum

Age: Just numbers!

Location: Yaounde, Cameroon

Label: Burn M Records

Contact: melodysyd@yahoo.fr
00 237 77 72 73 67

DC: Hey Sidney, thanks for talking to DC. Describe to us your sound.
Sidney: To describe my music I will say I do music that carries a lot of emotion. It is music that transports the soul from one sentiment to another.

DC: Who or what encouraged you towards music?
Sidney: Encouragement for music came from my immediate relatives. My family encouraged me when they gave me the opportunity to climb on tables to interpret Michael Jackson (he laughs). Then friends like Fobi Michael, Fritz Ndikum, Maitre Abeng, Maitre Akere Muna, Eustace Anye my closest friend with whom I built our record label called Sideus Records, Lea Darbany, Patience Darbany, Edgar Yonque Claudysia in short it has been a journey with the encouragements of these people.

DC: How did you feel when you were announced the winner of Africa Star?
Sidney: When I was announced the winner of Africa Star, I felt as if I had come to the end of the road and was at a turning point of a more difficult one that awaited me. I felt relieved but also overwhelmed with emotion of joy!

DC: Did wining that show open doors for you?
Sidney: Winning Africa Star has opened many doors for me. When you arrive in your country and you meet three thousand people waiting for you at the airport you know things are no longer the same! You suddenly gain credibility and respect from people so I can say it has opened doors both at the relational and artistic levels.

DC: Would you encourage any up and coming artists to go onto reality shows like Africa Star?
Sidney: If I would encourage any young artist? Yes is the answer! I think basically what an artist needs is the exposure and I will say the show is a great exposure platform especially if you look at the large audience the show carries.

DC: Which artists influence your music?
Sidney: Well for the artists who have influenced my music, I would say I listen to a wide range of artist from African to American and Chinese music which is very good for relaxation. Jazz and Classical music too but nonetheless I have been inspired by Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Richard Bona, Assa Audiause George Seba, Michael Jackson, Tu Face etc

DC: How is the music scene in Cameroon like?
Sidney: Cameroon music scene (he laughs). Well I will say there is a lot of work to do but the scene is very promising. There are some upcoming artists that are taking things to a good level however we still have many things to do but the future is bright for the industry in my opinion.

DC: What do you hope for in 2010?
Sidney: I hope that my album tops number one in the charts. I hope that much progress is made in the treatment of Aids. I hope that the World becomes a better place and that Africa becomes a home and not just a house for many too.

DC: How do you hope to spend Christmas?
Sidney: I will like to spend Christmas with my parents but it won’t be possible as I have got a series of concerts in different towns already booked.
Thanks for the interview and I would like to wish a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fans as well as to my boy Junior Chavez, CEO Burns M Records.

Without further ado, here is a lil treat from Sidney...



See you tomorrow for more...you wouldn't want to miss it!
Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We believe in you bro, take it to another level...