Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MADELEINE GLATZ, WINNER OF MISS WEST AFRICA UK 2010

Friday November 26th was a great day not only for Madeleine Glatz but also for Cameroon as despite the debate on the eligibility of Cameroon as a participating nation in the Miss West Africa UK pageant our representing beauty went on to steal the crown and the show! Held at the Royal Regency Hall in Manor Park, East London, the show was well attended by a diverse crowd as well as compered by two renowned stand up comedians Gina Yashere and Nicholas Boomting Brown. 

Dulce Camer caught up with the fab lady herself for a little chat and this is what she had to say.
Happy reading y'all!!

DC: What made you take part in the MWA pageant?
MG: Destiny, I would say! I heard they were looking for candidates from Cameroon and I seized the opportunity to represent my country.

DC: Had you taken part in any beauty pageants before?

MG: Never! I am a total beginner in fashion and beauty shows. I only just started in the middle of September this year.

DC: What did you have to go through to prepare for the show?
MG: Personally, I had to build on my self confidence and I also had to rehearse a lot. You always need to think that you are capable of doing something and you need to do it as perfectly as you can because you do not want to have any regrets.

DC: How did you feel on the day of the show?
MG: I felt great but it was a long week. At the end of the day you feel satisfied to reach your goal and the fatigue you feel is a good one!

DC: Did you think you could win it? Why?
MG: No I always thought that I looked very different from the other candidates and that my English was not good enough...but when I start something I put all my effort into it and I am glad I did.

DC: How did you feel when your name was announced as the winner?
MG: Actually they needed to repeat it like 3 times before I realised that it was me they were calling! I actually saw my friend in the crowd calling me to step forward and then I was shocked. I guess from then on I just took things as they came along.

DC: You worked with MsMi designer, Frances Ekiko, how did you feel in her clothes?
MG: I felt amazing! She is a great designer. I fell for her style a long time ago and I was really glad that she accepted to sponsor me! She is definitely a part of my victory, she helped me win this title!

DC: Would you be taking part in more beauty pageants?
MG: No, I don't think so. Miss West Africa was really something I felt I wanted to be involved in and since I was 13 years old I have had big hopes in representing my country in something and this was an opportunity to make things happen. To me it is the only international African pageant I could see myself in as it is a great platform in showcasing the African beauty.

DC: So can you tell us the roles and activities you are lined up to take for winning MWA?
MG: So many things have been organised but I cannot tell you now!! But stay tuned!

DC: What do you think about the lack of Cameroonian girls in top beauty pageants?
MG: I think our community is smaller so we get less exposure and also the language barrier might be the reason but when I see Cameroon represented in a beauty pageant I think it is great because it shows the beauty and diversity in Africa.

DC: Any advice to any girl out there wanting to be a "Miss"?
MG: Chase your dreams in anything you want to do! And beauty is not about the way you look, it’s most of the time about the way you are!

Totally well said Madeleine!!
Check out some of the pictures of the night below.


The girl totally rocked it in her fab MsMi pieces. She definitely was a Miss in the making and we are all so proud that she took the crown home.
Well done Madeleine!! You have made Cameroon proud.
All pics courtesy of MWA UK show.

Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

No comments: