Friday, June 24, 2016

STANIS THE SCHOOL DROP-OUT BATTLES TO BE CAMEROON'S RAP KING...


Cameroon's new international music label, Calabash Music has announced the signing of its first hip hop artist named Stanis.

Born in Bamenda and currently based in Buea, Stanis 'Le Dragon' is a fluently bilingual guitarist, rapper and singer whose music can be described as afro trap.

After having one of his songs fall in the hands of Cornel, a South African based Cameroonian music producer signed to Calabash Music, his music was auditioned by the A&R committee who were impressed by his versatility, singing and rapping ability, rhythms and hard punch lines. A few meetings later at the Calabash Music office in Akwa Douala, a deal was reached with its A&R representative, Wax Dey.    

Calabash Music is really excited to have such a talented rapper on board ­ we will move swiftly to release the materials we are working on because Cameroon is hungry for new talent that can be sold to the world." stated Calabash Music publicist Clarisse Ndinge.  
 
"I write my music with the help of a guitar, but my rap music is very commercial. I make music for the masses and I'm ready to take over. My team is fire. Cameroonian hip hop will not be the same after Stanis ­ so watch this space." Stanis added.

We look forward to what he has to offer.

Follow us:

Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

1 comment:

Joan said...

This blog is fun and up to date. I'm Joan n carrying out a little research on Cameroon blogs and I'm glad u still kicking cuz most of the ones I saw stopped posting in 2012 or so.. Please I have a few questions for u.. Do write me on amanwi96@gmail.com
Thanks for doing so