Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MODEL BEHAVIOUR STATESIDE!

Flicking through her pictures there is no doubt that Miss Ekiko is very photogenic. With the Keracare campaign under her belt and her slender curves and a smooth complexion akin to brown chocolate you know that this striking beauty has the IT factor to make it all the way to the very top of the supermodel charts.

If you thought Cameroon could not produce anything great, hold that thought and think again!

DC caught up with Miss Ekiko and here is what she had to say. Happy Reading y'all!!

DC: Hey Naoumie, many thanks for talking to the Dulce Camer blog. How is life?
NE: No problem, I am delighted to talk to you. Life has been good!

DC: If we were to speak to your friends about you. How would they describe you in 4 words?
NE: They would say I am chilled out, fun, determined and lovely.

DC: So! You grew up in Kumba, in the South West province of Cameroon before relocating to the US. Did you already have modelling in mind as something you wanted to do?
NE: No, I had no idea about modelling when I was home but I knew about Naomi Campbell because my nickname was Campbell.

DC: If you had stayed in Cameroon, do you think you would have pursued this career?
NE: I don't think so but I would have along the way as I would have been doing singing, or something in the entertainment industry.

DC: Who spotted you or pushed you to realise this career?
NE: It is actually a long story, I came to the States to live and to study but after I did my first photoshoot felt in love with the environment. My family is a Christian family so modelling was not a good career for me or any of my siblings but I am a stubborn child so I started doing it on my own and now they like seeing me in magazines.

DC: Now tell us about your modelling life? Maybe talk us through the most amazing day you have had so far in your career!
NE: I have had good days and bad too but modelling is always a challenge to me and to have a good day, well every time I step in front of the camera is a good day to me.

DC: How much work are you getting as a black model?
NE: Not as much as you would expect.

DC: Do you see any difference between the type of work you get and the ones your “white” counterparts get?
NE: Yes there is always a difference between the types of jobs we get.

DC: Have you done any runways or would you like to?
NE: Yes, I have done some.

DC: Which designers fascinate you?
NE: All designers fascinate me; it takes talent to come up with something that people love.

DC: How much do you know about the rising African fashion scene worldwide?
NE: Not so much, but I do know African fashion is growing.

DC: Have you worked with any African designers? Which?
NE: I have worked for one, the Project Runway contestant Korto Momolu. I did one of her runway shows.

DC: What do you think these African designers need to focus on to get their brands to a level where the top mainstream brands are?
NE: I know people will love to see more of the African style, so showing it more to the world would be a good start.

DC: What else do you think needs to be injected into this rising African fashion scene to make it more recognisable and appealing to the masses?
NE: If they can put the clothes on celebrities and also use them in the magazines.

DC: What have you learnt about the modelling world that you didn’t know before?
NE: Modelling has always been a learning process, so I hope I keep learning. Not just taking pictures but the best pictures. I now know modelling is a lifestyle.

DC: What else would you love to do in life?
NA: Continue modelling, start acting and have a career in singing.

DC: Anything else to tell us?
NE: I am very grateful for this opportunity to share my life and thought with you and your readers.

Check out how versatile our supermodel (yes supermodel!) is!














What a beauty or what a beauty!
She sure has the talent to be the next supermodel!
Watch out for her people!

Contacts
Website: http://naoumieworld.tumblr.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=518830708
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Naoumie

Thanks for checking the blog and thanks for the support you continuously show us. Please do send us the names and contact numbers of any Cameroonian talent around the world doing FAB things! Email us at: dulce.camer@gmail.com

Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

No comments: