His first game with the national side will be a friendly against Austria on the 12th of August in Vienna.
His most important task is to get the national side qualified for the 2010 World cup.
- Paul Le Guen was born on March 1st 1964 in Pencran in Brittany (Bretagne), the North West Region of France.
- He was a former French international football defender and played only 17 times due to injuries
- Played with AS Brest from 1982-1983
- Played with Stade Brest 29 from 1983-1989
- Played with FC Nantes Atlantique from 1989-1991
- Played with Paris Saint-Germain from 1991-1998
- Was part of the French national team from 1993-1995
As a manger, he managed:
- Stade Rennais from 1998-2001
- Olympique Lyonnais from 2002-2005
- Rangers, Scotland from 2006-2009
- Paris Saint-Germain from 2007-2009
Would he make a difference to this already nonchalant Cameroon side??
I personally think the fact that he speaks French is a huge bonus...communication could be the key ;-))
What do you think?
Leave your opinions as comments.
Picture courtesy of: Lefigaro.fr
News courtesy of www.lejournalducameroun.com
Le Guen vital stats courtesy of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Le_Guen