Walls of Benin founded by Manchester based Chi Atanga are a design focused luxury African inspired consumer and ethical apparel company and lifestyle brand taking inspiration from centuries of art, craft, tradition and stories.
Walls of Benin are creating the next big ethical brand and they need you to be part of the journey. You will be helping to create and build a company that is designed to produce great African products and also do good in the world.
They have been working real hard over the past few years to put all the moving parts together and they are now ready to launch and go global.
Before they can start selling, they need to pay their licence fee as well as get to New Mexico for the Creative Startups accelerator. The Creative Startups is a US organisation that selects creative startup companies with potential to go global and gives them what they need to take off.
The brand is already over 50% through to fundraising their tipping amount of 7,500 pounds which will enable them get to New Mexico with a total funding goal of 35,000 pounds which will allow them to:-
1. Launch the wholesale business.
2. Start producing and launch the direct to consumer business.
3. Technology upgrade.
4. Launch the direct-to-consumer business.
5. Start building a team. We need human resources to grow.
6. Spend some time in the US developing the market - learning from consumers and chasing venture capital. The US is the main target market for the brand and products.
7. Attract and manage a good board of advisors - vis a vis 4 meetings per year travel and reasonable expenses etc
You can be part of this journey by contributing here