Monday, May 3, 2010

SOUL SEDUCTION BY LOVE JONES ENTERTAINMENT

Soul Seduction, a new club venture in Douala by Love Jones Entertainment aims to seduce its stylish clientele by providing soul, jazz music in a chic and luscious upscale setting.

A concept borne in London, DC speaks to Jean-Yves Mbome, the leader of the team.

DC: What inspired you to venture into events management in Cameroon?
J-YM: Events management is a venture that I started pursuing about a couple of years ago in London. The main purpose of my events is to provide quality, stylish and exclusive parties for young professionals as well as others. After investigating the lifestyle of young Cameroonian workers in Cameroon, I noticed that besides clubbing and eating out there wasn't much else to do. Also, I saw that most of the companies needed some live communication to expose their products and image. So I found out that it could be a great opportunity for me to establish my trade mark here in Cameroon.

DC: How easy or difficult was it to convince the owner of your venue to lease it to you?
J-YM: It was very easy to deal with the owner of the Marrakech restaurant, which is a year old Moroccan restaurant located in the heart of the Douala residential area. They had previously organised private parties and they were willing to give a go to this new and original type of concept. We had some meetings and we came to a fair agreement and the deal was done.

DC: How did you get people to turn up? What promotional strategies did you undertake?
J-YM: I am not supposed to reveal my strategies but it has worked very well so far. People turn up to an event for many reasons and I just made sure that every single person understood the concept and got familiar with it before the event and this was seen in the way we designed the flyers, the message we were giving out as well as the music policy. All that added to the image I had of the event.

DC: What makes your event unique?
J-YM: My event is tailormade to the product launches or the profile of the clients targeted. We will always try to bring something different at each and every edition. The focus is on the attention to detail and creating the wow factor to make it a sensational and well organised event.

DC: What should we be expecting from your events?
J-YM: The style and quality of the music will be carefully selected, the interior design will be fabulous, the atmosphere will be very nice and friendly, the customer service of our friendly team will be second to none and most of all the crowd will be beautiful.

DC: When is the next one?
J-YM: We are still working on it, probably sometime in June.

DC: What was your overall opinion of this first event?
J-YM: I am very proud of the hard work that my team and I put on the first edition of “Soul Seduction». The feedback from our clients was more than what we expected. Everyone had a fantastic time.

Some pictures from the event below!








Tito & Jean-Yves Mbome








The boss himself, Jean-Yves Mbome

Party people, Love Jones Entertainment is your one stop shop for all your stylish party needs!!
DC hopes to be at the next one ;-)
To keep abreast of all future events, please email: info@lovejonesentertainment.co.uk

Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it. Congratulations. When in Paris?

Jones entertainment and l'astre aux notes present .....

Let me know....


Cheers
Agnès Elenda

Anonymous said...

well done I'm impressed !!
Was in cameroon last january and was surprised to find out that things were still the same the way I left it 4 years ago (party wise).
Good to see that ppl are bringing something diferent, classy and more in tune with the 30's 40's working ppl.
Hope to catch u guys in december on my next visit

Juzbeen gogo from london

Anonymous said...

great concept! hope to be there in june. well done jean-yves. just the kind of injection our entertainment scene needs.

ngum