Friday, December 4, 2009

25 EQUALS 25: NAOMI ACHU

Welcome to DC, thanks for checking the blog!

If you happen to stumble upon this blog by chance, please note that we are currently running a christmas theme where we bring you 25 of the hottest and newest Camer movers and shakers in the current music scene.

Each day for 25 days till Christmas, we will present you with a new talent by way of a short intro interview so come back and stay tuned.

From the land of haute couture, we move to the land of stars and stripes to bring you another hot talent.

On the fourth day to Christmas, DC brings to you...

Name: Naomi Achu
Location: Arlington, VA (USA)
Label: Unsigned
DC: Hello Naomi, thanks for talking to DC. Describe to us your sound.
Naomi: My sound is very versatile and the songs I write are according to what I am going through or what I feel. One thing I like about my style is that you can never anticipate what’s going to be next; it is almost like a life story not knowing what is round the corner. I would classify myself as Top 40, hip hop mixed with a rock influence. I also like my music to be what people can dance to and can connect to.

DC: Which artists would you say influence your music?
Naomi: The first person will be Whitney Houston. I fell in love with her when I was 8years old and that’s when I knew I wanted to be an artist. I also admire Kirk Franklin, Mary Mary, Micheal Jackson, Angelique Kidjo. I admire artists who project themselves differently and capture their crowd. I am also inspired by artists from different genres.

DC: If your friends were to describe you in 4 adjectives what would they choose?
Naomi: Sweet, Caring, Creative and Versatile

DC: Apart from music, what else are you passionate about?
Naomi: I am also passionate about being a motivational influence in people’s life. I want to be a figure that people can follow like Alicia Keys, Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela, Mary J Blige. People who want to and enjoy doing things for other people.

DC: Which artists would you love to work with?
Naomi: I would love to work with Timberland, Janet Jackson, Mary J Blige, Angelique Kidjo, Mary Mary and many more.

DC: The track “The Kind of Man”, what is it about?
Naomi: This track is a song that I wrote where I sing and rap in it. It talks about what women deserve in a man. I wanted people to listen to the track and think wow because of the words I used and I wanted women to see that is ok to want men of quality such as Obama, Bill Gates etc

DC: Do you think it is important for musicians to write their own songs?
Naomi: Oh yes. My advice is that if you do not write your own songs then don’t put it out there. In my opinion you will not perform it the way you want to.

DC: What do you hope for in 2010?
Naomi: I hope for bigger things, major things! I am looking at success; I am looking at having performances. I am also looking at going to Hollywood, releasing albums and I am even thinking of a Grammy.

DC: How do you plan on spending Christmas?
Naomi: I plan to spend it with my family in Chicago.

Without further ado, please check out "The Kind of Man" track below.



Big up to the Camer music scene...I see talent and more talent!
Keep it up people!
Let's support them y'all
Stay sweet
Dulce
xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mbu star! keep it up girl. thx DC.

ngum

nahsang said...

I loved the song. Kudos to Naomie, boy can she hold a rap verse!

Anonymous said...

my talented sis!! don't you dare cry when you go collect that grammy!!!

Shiri

Betty said...

wow well done Naomi, you are so talented. lol @ Shirri, that grammy's just round the corner too, you'll probably be the one needing all the kleenex. awwww, you must be such a proud sis. Keep it up Naomi, we are championing you!
Betty

starimages4you said...

you rock, we got to do some more work, I got the idea's for you
Morten
www.starimages4you.com

blacquejack said...

u rock